on Sunday, May 12, 2013 1:27:00 AM
You asked for it, and you got it! Here is one of Shang's delicious, authentic, Chinese recipes.
Shang's Salad "Shan Dong Style" (Shan Dong is an Province in central east China)
* 1.5-2 lbs of chopped broccoli or Chinese cabbage
* 2 Tbsp naturally brewed low sodium soy sauce
* 1-2 Tbsp naturally brewed Chinese red vinegar
* 1 Tbsp sesame oil
* 1 Tbsp tea seed oil (If you don't have tea seed oil, that is ok)
* 1 Tsp sugar
* A few slices of red onion
* 1-2 minced cloves of garlic
Step 1: Prepare the salad dressing. Mix the soy sauce, red vinegar, sesame oil,
tea seed oil, sugar, red onion, and garlic into a small bowl.
Step 2: Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli or Chinese cabbage to the boiling water
and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
Step 3: Strain the broccoli or Chinese cabbage and put in cold water for 2 minutes.
Step 4: Lastly strain and press the water out of the broccoli/Chinese cabbage, and
mix with dressing. (This dressing is also good for dipping bread)